Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week 1 EOC What I Expect

When I originally signed up for this class, I had no intentions of it being worth my while. Once I had found out who the teacher was going to be, it was then that I had realized the class wasn’t going to be just the basic principles of marketing but that we would go into some depth of it.
With this course I hope to have more than just the basic knowledge of marketing and all concepts that are related to it. I want to leave the quarter feeling confident and knowledgeable about the ins and outs of marketing research. I know it may seem like a lot to ask for but knowing Mr. Pinto and the way he teaches, I know that in the end it won’t be far from what I wanted.
However, I am not one to beat around the bush and I won’t lie when I say that I absolutely HATE doing research! Doing research for other classes and programs don’t compare to doing marketing research. In this course so far I feel like it’s more for leisure than it is for homework since its being tied in with the fashion industry. It’s more than just numbers and charts, it’s the pros and cons of a marketing campaign and the story behind why a swimsuit company decided to have the models looks like well known bombshells. Building and creating a company isn’t just about selling your own product, you also need to know how to market yourself as a company and a brand. And how exactly is that going to be accomplished? MARKETING RESEARCH DUH!

No comments:

Post a Comment